Thursday, December 11, 2008

Songs, singing, and other music-ish things

Tis the season to be singing, fa la la la la, la la la la

Just saying, I had to actually sing that to see the amount of la's in there.
As anyone who stands near me for more than 15 minutes will know, I love to sing. I will sing anything, at any time, to anyone.

I've been known to sing in the middle of groceries stores.

Right now, I've been searching for songs to do for the musical auditions in 2 months. I know it seems really far away, but I'd like time to get used to the song and stuff. For this exact moment in time, I'm eating some mozzarella sticks and pizza. That's how badly I need motivation.

By the way, feel free to vote for your favorite topping. I voted for olive, and I'm eating some olive pizza right now.

Any way, back to the sing problem. So far, I have annoyed many people by singing "Green finch and linnet bird" from Sweeney Todd. Very high, annoying, and bouncy song. I'm probably not even going to get stage hand if I sang that. Anyone out there in this blogging world have an idea for a song? One that won't

1) break glass (or my drama teacher)
2) have people throw things at me
3) make my face turn blue

I'm probably going to lose my voice anyway with flute and what not, so send me anything! I'll probably get to read them, if I have time.

No promises

Thnx to those who will take the time to leave a comment with a helpful song. A not as thankful thnx to those who seem to have time to read this blog, but don't comment. Thnx anyway.
~Hayley

2 comments:

Liz Ayotte said...

another comment...

anyways,

I found an audition song! I am going to sing "Roxie" from Chicago!

Have you even looked at the list? It has some pretty good ideas...

Hayley said...

Well, what are you?
I think I'm a soprano so...
Green Finch and Linnet Bird came up
:)