Saturday, March 14, 2009

Spaghetti dinner, raffles, and thumbprint cookies

So Wednesday night was the spaghetti dinner at KES. My brother goes to that school, so we all had to go by default.

Basically, you show up, buy raffle tickets, eat some pasta the tastes like rubber, then eat at least 3 cookies to get the taste out of you mouth.

And ever since I was like 5, I've always won something from a raffle, no kidding.

One time, my sisters birthday was coming up, and I knew what I was going to make her. It would be sort-of a candy aquarium. With jell-o for water, and blueberries for rocks, some rock candy for coral, and a few Swedish fish, and a gummy shark or 2.

But I didn't have a fish bowl.

So there was a raffle at the library, for a fish bowl filled to the brim with Swedish fish. I bought a ticket, guessed how many were in there, and gave it to the librarian.

After that I went to camp for a week with my mom's family.

When I got back, my dad said the library called, and I had won the fish bowl. I think I was 2 numbers away, and 3 other kids guessed the same number I did. So they had to put all of our names in a hat, and they pulled out my name.



Raffles are my thing



Now back at the spaghetti dinner, there was all this cheesy stuff on the table, so I just put a ticket in each one. The next day they called, and said my dad had one a juggling kit, and I had one a dessert cook book.



Hardly a fish bowl filled with Swedish fish



So now, I am enjoying some thumbprint cookies (the ones with little chocolate kisses on them) that were made from the recipe in the dessert cook book.




:)

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

So, are you planning on juggling thumbprint cookies for us?
Valentine <3
P.S. Cool about the raffles. Sure you aren't an alien? :D

Hayley said...

I never thought about juggling the cookies!
Maybe I am an alien, who knows?

Anonymous said...

Hey! So I'm NOT the only one! :D
Valentine <3

Anonymous said...

Alien, that is...
Valentine <3

Hayley said...

Yes! Lets see who else we can find!!

Hayley said...

Yes! Lets see who else we can find!!

Hayley said...

Yes! Lets see who else we can find!!

Anonymous said...

I think my dog is an alien. No dog is that strange... JK
Valentine <3

Hayley said...

Haha
I think something is wrong with my computer, it put that comment up 3 times....
MY COMPUTER IS AN ALIEN!!!!